Index du Forum

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Words of Veteran

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Word of Veterans -> Word of Veterans
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Stevenot GIlbert
Member Honor
Member Honor

Anniversaire: 01/04/1923

MessagePosté le: 07/05/2009 13:17:32    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

Bonjour à tous,

Je viens de signaler à Jim et à John le lien sur lequel ils peuvent transmettre leurs messages. Ils ne vont pas tarder à venir nous rejoindre. Cordialement.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: 07/05/2009 13:17:32    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
L'Amiral
Administrateur
Administrateur

Anniversaire: 29/06/1976

MessagePosté le: 07/05/2009 13:26:26    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

Only in english, Steve, Only in English... Wink Laughing

"L'homme est souvent décevant,
mais parfois époustouflant."
Olivier de Kersauson

Visiter le site web du posteur
John McAuliffe
Invité

MessagePosté le: 07/05/2009 14:15:30    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

Thanks to 'Steve' for admitting both Jim Hennessey and myself to your Forumn...and to you Xavier for having us...Also for giving us the messages "en anglais" (IN English language) It's been a long time since I have used the French language....since High School. Thanks, again
John McAuliffe

L'Amiral
Administrateur
Administrateur

Anniversaire: 29/06/1976

MessagePosté le: 07/05/2009 16:58:38    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

Thank you John, it's a real honor for us!!

"L'homme est souvent décevant,
mais parfois époustouflant."
Olivier de Kersauson

Sgt Potier
Captain
Captain

Anniversaire: 28/10/1966

MessagePosté le: 07/05/2009 19:06:23    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

Dear men,

Your place here is a great honor for us . Many people in this forum can not speake very well english but we try to do the best .

Sgt Potier

Stevenot GIlbert
Member Honor
Member Honor

MessagePosté le: 07/05/2009 19:59:11    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

I don't remember when and where I met John for the first time. He represents for me, one of those vailant soldiers I had the pleasure to meet during wartime.Our first official meeting was on Saturday, June 8th 1996 for the dedication of "battle markers " in the Ardennes. Where they were engaged in bloody battles, and involved in the Battle of the Bulge,
An important monument was erected in Pironpré, and four bronze plaques placed in Saint-Hubert,Remagne, Moircy and Tillet with the presence of 54 Veterans of the 87th Infantry Division. It was the celebration of the 52d anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge. We met again at the 60th anniversary in Bastogne.
And since we have exchanged hundreds of messages.John remains the best faithful friend I ever made in my life. I have lost a lot on my way,but the spririt of those brave soldiers is still alive in my heart. That's why we can never forget what they have done for us. They have placed us all in their debt by winning a part of the final Victory which was our common goal. To those, John, Jim, Sergio, Private Ryan, Melvin Johnson... where ever they may be,we give our solemn plegge the debt will be payed in full. Warm welcome on your new site John.

Eddy
Invité

MessagePosté le: 08/05/2009 00:38:59    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

welcome on this forum mister McAuliffe, hope you wiill answer to all our questions about your duty and other experience during WW2 good

HK
Lieutenant - Colonel
Lieutenant - Colonel

Anniversaire: 11/03/1871

MessagePosté le: 08/05/2009 10:50:41    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

Thank you mister McAuliffe, it's a real pleasure and a great honnor for us, to having you in this board.
Sorry about my bad english.

Stevenot GIlbert
Member Honor
Member Honor

MessagePosté le: 08/05/2009 12:40:33    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

What's wrong with your english HK ? It's perfect as far as I am concerned and I am sure you will reply easily to the messages of John. With true friendship.

Sgt Potier
Captain
Captain

Anniversaire: 28/10/1966

MessagePosté le: 11/05/2009 19:56:20    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

My friend Mr Schmidt Vernon just sent me this letter ... with the title " Sad day "

As you can see by my friend, John Phillips of England, celebrations of a worldwide
concept are not important any more. I didn't note one word or comment in our local
paper either. I guess we need to shout a little louder and hope for the best. Vern

Dear Friend,
This morning, Alun and I attended a Normandy Veterans Association - Victory In Europe Day Memorial Service ,at the Cathays Park National Welsh War Memorial, in Cardiff.

Sadly,on this beautiful sunny Spring morning,with the veterans numbering fewer than 20 men, accompanied by 8-10 of their wives,Alun and I,plus a few (4) other people, attended the Drum Head Service.The Army,Navy and RAF Cadet Forces did not attend due to the fact - you've got to believe this - as they'd not been given the required 6 weeks notice before they could turn out in their uniforms. So, the British military and the majority of the civilian population have forgotten the date of VE Day, 8 MAY,1945 and it's significence. No one in the Cadet Force had the intelligence to turn the lads out in civvies to pay their respects. I felt ashamed at being British. The Welsh Assembly leader made a token appearance,disappearing at the end of the Service as fast as he arrived. As useless at the Service as he is in office. No press/media were there either.
Talking to the Vets ,after the Service, they accepted that their presence is now as part of a dwindling and shrinking exclusive Club with respect and honour only among themselves now.

On Tuesday, they go by bus to Parliament,in London, to petition the PC idiots that run the country over the Governments declared failure to officially recognise the coming 65th Anniversary of D-DAY,the Government ,wanting the next rememberance to be the 100th year Anniversary. You've got to believe that too,my friend.I dispair.
On that sad note I'll sign off. God Bless you and God Bless America.
Sincerely, John.

keystone
Modérateur - MP
Modérateur - MP

Anniversaire: 24/04/1969

MessagePosté le: 11/05/2009 21:49:42    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran Répondre en citant

On the other hand I noticed a lot of people and interest for the 11th of November. There were a lot of poppies in the field in front of Westminster abbey and when I looked for the units, a lot of them were represented especially for WW2 and also for the other following wars till Iraq. Maybe that in Britain the date of 11 November has more importance or significance than the 8th of May.
But don't be sad because some idiots forgot VE day, a lot of people in Europe, for example on this forum still thinks on the sacrifices you and your buddies did during the war ... and not only on the 8th of May. Hope this thought might give you some comfort.

Shot at 2007-07-19

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: 05/12/2016 05:24:30    Sujet du message: Words of Veteran

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet     Index du Forum -> Word of Veterans -> Word of Veterans Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Xooit.com :: Top Forums Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Traduction par : phpBB-fr.com